Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tuesday Night Hoops

As I (Keith) was warming up for my regular Tuesday night basketball game, I suddenly realized that this was not the normal Tuesday open gym night. As I looked around I started to see a lot of American looking faces that were quite a bit taller than my Chinese friends and me. As it turns out, these guys were college basketball players that were playing with Athletes in Action. Some of these guys play for big time college programs such as Kansas, Notre Dame, Texas A & M, and New Mexico. They were in Taiwan playing in the Jones Cup (a huge basketball tourney here). They just had won the championship!!! We divided up into several teams and we all had a fun night playing with these gifted players. I even hit a winning shot in one game. I won't go into detail about the other shots I took. After we finished playing, the coach gave a short gospel presentation to the guys. Wade was with me and was excited to get serveral autographs. It was a pretty cool night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My guess is that they are still talking about Keith's winning shot.
Would love to have seen it.
Pa and Kaykee