Saturday, June 23, 2007

Taichung- for Wade

I thought ya'll would want to hear what Taichung means to me so here it is. First of all I want to give you the pluses (sorry, no minuses) for Taichung and Taipei. One of the good things in Taichung is that we get to own a house- not an apartment and it also has five whole floors! (even though one is a basement.) One of the weird things about our house is that we only go out of it by the basement that doesn't have a normal door. Another plus for Taichung is that we have a swimming pool that we don't even have to drive to!( we didn't have one in Taipei.)And the last plus for Taichung (that I have) is the basketball court. It takes just as long to get to the swimming pool as it is to go to the basketball court. I also decided that (if I could) I would play some basketball every day. Now for Taipei. Just about the only reason I miss Taipei is because of my friends, but I'm sure I'll get new ones. The last big thing that is good about Taipei is thier fried dumplings. So far we haven't found that but we'll find it sometime. Now I want to talk more about our new house. Like I said, it has five floors. I live on the fourth floor with Hunter and Levi. We have a "computer lab" on the third floor and. . .Oops I almost forgot, the fifth floor is our TV room. Now the second floor. It is sort of a living room and a dining room at the same time. Even though it's our living room I don't spend much time there. And the last floor is the basement (I said there was a basement) and there's hardly any room there because we have a huge van blocking the way! Well, that's our house. The only thing that makes the Taichung swimming pool different than a normal swimming pool is that it has two diving boards- one is a very low and one is very high. Well, that's what Taichung means to me. It will mean a lot more once I get used to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wade, I loved your thoughts about Taipei and Taichung. Sounds to me like you are adjusting well, in a very short time. And, I know that you will make friends very fast. Playing basketball every day is a good goal...friends will appear on a court.
Thanks for sharing with all of us about you feelings.
Have a wonderful summer.
Do you dive off of the high diving board?
Love,
Kaykee

Anonymous said...

Wade, I hope I get to see all five floors of your new home someday. I love your positive attitude!